Not that the previous version was bad, now the updated version is just going to be better.
Sigma 12-24mm Ultra Wide Angle
- Image circle large enough for use with 35mm film SLRs and DSLRs with full-frame sensors.
- Superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp, high-contrast images, even at maximum apertures.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures quiet, high-speed auto-focus while allowing full-time manual focus override.
- Minimum focusing distance is 28cm (11.0″) throughout the entire zoom range.
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.4.
- Splashproof design for use in harsh conditions.
The Optics – Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 II EX DG HSM
- Has a Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element and four FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass and to compensate for color aberration while providing excellent image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Three glass-mold elements and one hybrid aspherical lens offer advanced performance in a compact and lightweight construction.
Canon, Nikon and Sigma versions will be available in Canada in May for about the same $1,100 retail. Sony version will be available around June.
I think I’m in on test driving this one. I’ll let you know when that happens and share some photos with you. Ultra wide angles can be very dramatic. This will be fun.
MAMA supports the creative minds of the planet earth. If you come across somebody doing anything interesting and out of the ordinary, or just something that makes you smile, we’d like to know about it.
Like this article?