Change is the new normal –
Here’s what’s going on…
- More than 80% of smartphone and tablet owners use their devices while watching TV.
- At least 25% of US smartphone and tablet users use their devices while watching TV multiple time per day.
- 51% of those who post on social media while watching TV do so to connect with others who might also be watching the same thing.
- 24% of Facebook users report posting about the movie they’re watching in the theater.
More cool trends for 2013
- Fake names are out. Personal brands are in.
- The age of the end of online bullies is on the horizon.
- The end of privacy. If you don’t want anyone to find out, don’t do it.
- Good investigative reporting will begin to rise again.
- Death of the desktop. Steadily declining since 2006.
Your Phone Will Become Your Wallet
NFC (Near Field Communication – RF Technology)
- NFC will be used mainly for payments. By waving your phone in front of the retailers device, payments can be applied to your credit card.
- iPhone 5 still sits it out as NFC becomes a strong rising standard in smart phones to do things like tapping your phone on a product and getting instructions and information from the embedded NFC chip.
- NFC will create situational awareness where they can be embedded anywhere, in anything.
If you aren’t changing, you’re standing still.
As the Borg know – “Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.”
MAMA supports the creative minds of the planet earth. If you come across somebody doing anything interesting and out of the ordinary, or just something that makes you smile, we’d like to know about it.
Like this article?
Other posts you might like...
Extreme Digital Makeover
Making The Invisible, Visible - Mentalgassi & Amnesty
Kids Rule! with Paul Ripke
Classic Car Drive-By Shooting
There's a New "Cake Boss" in Town
Five People Playing One Guitar At The Same Time
Mister Rogers Remixed?
The Mad Photographer - Hand Spun Fireworks
Industrial Trash Style Bookshelf