Real Product Innovation –
Having spent a good part of my career in the retail industry, some of it as a buyer for a national chain, I have a good appreciation for innovative products. Just days before a trip, I had to check out what Blackrapid had first hand. Me and my old neck strap weren’t getting along. We would go our separate ways.
The old strap
- A neck strap works fine and does what it does. Hangs a camera around your neck or across your shoulder.
- The rubber backing at the strap’s mid point always wedgied my shirt around to my back when I had my camera placed at my side and want to grab it to take a shot. I didn’t always want it hanging in front all the time, particularly when hiking or scrambling rock.
- If this were a high noon at the OK Coral, when I need to shoot, sometimes I need to shoot fast. The typical neck strap doesn’t give me an edge. I wasn’t going to win a draw.
The new strap innovation
- Blackrapid figured it out. Even the basic strap in the product line up makes sense. The straps have more relevant functions and are designed for how we shoot and handle a camera. The motion and flow of grasping the camera is smooth.
- I can have my hands free for other things.
- The video says it all…have a look see.
You have some choices and price points.
the RS4 is the most basic and other models allow you to add some useful accessories to your Blackrapid strap.
I had watched the video a few times and got one just a few days before traveling. No more fidgeting. Smooth action every time. When taking thousands of shots on the usual trip, it a big deal.